COSTA MESA, Calif. –
The RAM 3500 has the best resale value in the industry, according to J.D. Power, who released its 2018 J.D. Power Resale Value Awards this week.
On Wednesday, J.D. Power recognized mass market and luxury models for best resale value across 24 model-level vehicle segments.
While the RAM 3500 received the highest honor for best resale value this year, Lexus received five model-level awards. The luxury brand took home more model-level awards than any other brand, followed by Honda and Toyota with four model-level awards each.
“This marks the first time J.D. Power is utilizing our transaction database of customer insights to recognize brands and models with the best resale value,” J.D. Power vice president of vehicle valuations and analytics Jonathan Banks said in a news release. “We conducted this analysis to provide consumers with a resource that informs them of the depreciation cost they incur when purchasing a new vehicle, thus providing insight on the value of their purchase.”
Using a sample of over 650,000 transactions, the company said that it assessed an average of 3,500 data points on 244 different vehicle models from January through June.
This year, the Lexus IS, Lexus NX, Lexus LS and Lexus GS took home awards for the highest ranked compact premium car, compact premium SUV, large premium car, midsize premium car and midsize premium SUV.
Meanwhile, the Lexus GX and Land Rover LR4 tied for highest ranked midsize premium SUV.
Here is a list that shows this year’s top-ranked models across the 24 vehicle segments J.D. examined:
- Small car: Honda Fit
- Small premium car: Acura ILX
- Compact car: Honda Civic
- Compact sporty car: Subaru WRX
- Compact premium car: Lexus IS
- Compact premium sporty car: Porsche Boxster, Porsche Cayman (tie)
- Midsize car: Honda Accord
- Midsize sporty car: Dodge Challenger
- Midsize premium car: Lexus GS
- Midsize premium sporty car: Porsche 911
- Large car: Dodge Charger
- Large premium car: Lexus LS
- Small SUV: Subaru Crosstrek
- Small premium SUV: Audi Q3
- Compact SUV: Jeep Wrangler
- Compact premium SUV: Lexus NX
- Midsize pickup: Toyota Tacoma
- Midsize SUV: Toyota 4Runner
- Midsize premium SUV: Land Rover LR4, Lexus GX (tie)
- Minivan: Toyota Sienna, Honda Odyssey (tie)
- Large SUV: Chevrolet Tahoe
- Large premium SUV: Cadillac Escalade
- Large light-duty pickup: Toyota Tundra
- Large heavy-duty pickup: RAM 3500