The Equipment Leasing and Finance Association unveiled details about the 2021 ELFA Equipment Management Conference & Exhibition, which will be delivered as a virtual event on Feb. 23 and Feb. 24.
The online event, called ELFA Equipment Management LIVE!, will allow equipment managers, appraisers and remarketers from across the industry to connect, share knowledge and learn about the industry.
Highlights of ELFA Equipment Management LIVE! will include:
- Sector sessions offering an overview and outlook of market conditions for a variety of equipment segments, including trucks/trailers, alternative energy, IT/computers/tech, construction, copiers, rail, material handling and inland marine transportation.
- Hot-topic sessions, including:
o How to Conduct a Virtual Evaluation of Equipment
o Handling Distressed Accounts and Repossession During and After COVID
o Data Analytics in Equipment Management
o How to Choose, Manage and Work with Outside Appraisers
o Return and Maintenance Agreements: Protect Your Asset Investments
- Career-building sessions on the basics of equipment management and how to plan a career in asset management.
- Networking receptions in an interactive virtual platform built to simulate a live venue.
- Keynote address by leadership expert Mark Scharenbroich, author of Nice Bike.
- Equipment walk around, including video tours and Q&As featuring truck tractor, medical and solar equipment.
- A virtual exhibition of equipment appraisers, remarketers and others.
The program content for ELFA Equipment Management LIVE! is being developed by the ELFA Equipment Management Committee. The members of the 2021 committee are:
- Thomas Monroe, SVP of asset management at ATEL Capital Group (committee chair)
- Carl Chrappa, senior managing director at Independent Equipment Company, an Alta Group LLC Co
- Nicholas Coscia, equipment manager of asset management Americas CT&I at DLL
- Anthony Gordon, manager of asset management at Farm Credit Leasing
- Thomas Harford, SVP of the equipment management group at Wells Fargo Equipment Finance
- Robert Herb, vice president and global asset manager of healthcare and clean technology at DLL
- Philip Houser, director of asset management at CIT
- Elizabeth Jaramillo, vice president of asset management/new business support at Key Equipment Finance
- Kelly Lane, vice president of asset management at Signature Financial
- Robert Mercogliano, strategic account manager – financial services at Bidadoo
- James Merz, SVP and head of equipment management at Fifth Third Bank
- Christopher Nugent, managing director at Bluechip Asset Management
- Rick Pierman, SVP of strategic operations at Crestmark Equipment Finance, a division of MetaBank
- Jane Rethmeier, CEO of Harbor Capital Leasing
- Joseph Santora, managing partner at Irontrax
- Kevin Sensenbrenner, SVP, senior managing director and head of asset management at Stonebriar Commercial Finance
- Micheal Smith, president and CEO of RTR Services
- Kevin Toye, senior vice president of Bank of America Global Leasing
- Wade Whitenburg, strategic accounts: finance and insolvency management at Ritchie Bros.
“As we adjust to a world changed by the COVID-19 crisis, our planning committee has identified a number of critical issues to address at ELFA Equipment Management LIVE!” Monroe said. “We look forward to learning and networking with as many industry colleagues and friends as possible on Feb. 23-24!”